Monday, August 13, 2007

The wig lady

Well - My friends, Alice and Ruth, went with me today to meet the Wig lady!
We are absolutely amazed at how beautiful these wigs are!
They come in different forms - synthetic to real hair. And have different types of hair - Asian, Indian, European. She can make a wig to match my hair style, color, texture, etc. Literally, it will be hard to tell I have a wig on!

She is ordering a few samples of some different colors and we will go back on Friday to finalize the colors to match the wonderful color job that my hairdresser does today!

Alice even said - as I age - and get tired of trying to make my hair look like it did when I was in my 30s - I might just pull out my wig, then, and wear it! It will look that nice.

Pretty cool.

Also - I feel fine today. I would say as close to normal as I have felt since treatment started. I have some tired moments, some moments where I felt I needed to sit and rest a minute. But, was able to carry on a normal day like any other - frustrations with work and all! I am really pleased!

Christy

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Could you get a range in colors for the wigs - Nicki and I want to borrow - we both want dark brown - hook us up Christy!!!!
Just think - you gained back all that idle time that we women have to spend in that beauty chair - taking away the grey.

Gena

Unknown said...

Christy. I'm disappointed. I thought you would be thinking about a wig that looked like my hair! I love you. Dad

Anonymous said...

No Dad - that will be the style that my hair will look like when it is growing back!

Anonymous said...

So do you think the Wig lady can help me? I've been thinking I needed a little 'sprucing up'!