Sunday, August 26, 2007

Sunday

Good news - I am digging out of the "funk" that I go in when I hit the wall. The pattern this week is the same as the last time. I feel tired, slightly nauseous, uncomfortable, down (I am calling this "the funk") on Friday and the first half of the day Saturday. Around early afternoon yesterday, I started to feel normal again. We went to the pool club and swam with the kids. Today, I feel fine. How do I know? I am back to drinking coffee again! Woo hoo!

The kids spent the night at Jamie's parents last night. The first thing Jamie and I did when his Mom took the kids was......Took a nap! He slept in the basement, I was in our room. It was the most peaceful nap I have had in a long time! For those with young kids you can relate to this.....
I did not have to worry about when someone was going to come bug me, wake me, etc....It was time all to myself - and I slept for about 2 hours! That is a huge nap for me!

We also went out to eat last night (psuedo-celebration) for Jamie's BDay (It was on Friday). We had a nice evening with salads and a glass of wine at Bushnell's Basin Bar and Grill.

This morning, we are enjoying coffee in peace and quiet! I am sure Jamie's Mom isn't in peace and quiet right now! Thanks Mom!

Christy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Christy - take your time - I took Celia from mom so she could play with Jake - she is having a great time - of course I told her to promise to not tell her mom how many Skittles and candy bars she has consumed in a matter of 20 minutes - I think she may hit that "wall" once she comes down from the sugar high -
Gena

Jamie, Christy, Celia & CJ Palmiere said...

I guess she's sleeping at your house tonight

J

Unknown said...

Christy. You look great in your new hair style. Keep on smiling like that and you can't lose. Love, Dad