Friday, August 17, 2007

The story of the wigs


Here is the picture story of the wigs!
This is my "bank robber" look - prepping for the wig try on! Lovely!





Wig #1 - love the cut, not the color. This wig actually is designed to show an inch of dark roots! This was in the running.






Wig #2 - Color good. Cut cute - I think the top has too much hair. But this was in the running.






Wig # 3 - Cut and color - no way! Looks too much like a wig - very fake on me! This one is out!










Wig #4 - again color good, cut OK. A little too much Rachel Green / Jennifer Anniston from the 90s. Not that I wouldn't mind looking like her - but this doesn't exactly make that so!









Wig #5 - Now it's getting hard to tell which wig is what and what we all like. So many look pretty good!
This one - love the color and the highlights, very me both color and style. In the running.





Alice to the rescue - she started to document our comments and styles and colors. And made us compare one wig to the next to start weeding out. We teased her for her "Kodak" ways - being so methodical. But - we would have never made it through without it! At one point, Alice was standing over my head, pointing at the wig with her pen, asking the wig lady, Sherry if we could get this style in this color. I just laughed so hard! Thanks, Alice, for keeping us on track!





Wig # ? - Another one - there really were so many!
We liked this color a lot and this wig a lot. We called this the "smart" cut. The problem with this was that it had long bangs that sweep over your eye (I have it tucked in this picture). We decided that would bug me. And honestly - now that I see it in the picture, I don't like it as much. Glad I didn't pick it.

But - I did pick this color in another wig.

I think these are the 2 I got! Wow - I have to say, when on the heads - they look different than on me!

I got wig #1 - not in blond but in and Auburn color.
I also got wig # 5 - as is.




Thanks to Kristin for the photo documentary (again pictures worth a thousand words!) and to Alice for keeping us together and on task when we were overwhelmed with choices. And, of course, to Sherry, the wig lady, who was so helpful and was patient with our craziness!


Hey Christy, Scott said you can borrow this wig - Click Here

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great day. Looking forward to seeing the outcome!

Kristin said...

I just LOVE the ones you picked...you are as beautiful as ever!

Anonymous said...

I love Wig#1 - it is great! You are very lucky to have such great supportive friends. I wish I could be there with you.

Love Renee'

Unknown said...

Christy. It looks like you had a great time. It is wonderful to know that you have such wonderful friends around you. It gives a great deal of comfort to know this. I would love to meet them when I come to visit. I love the 2 wigs. Can't wait to try them on. Do you think CJ and Celia will laugh at me? Love , Dad

Anonymous said...

Christy,

The wigs look beautiful on you!! Thanks so much for keeping your blog updated so those of us not physically close to you can still feel like we are.
I check on you every day.
Keep up the fantastic attitude; we're thinking of you.

-Anita

Anonymous said...

Christy: Love your choices. Actually I even like the blonde in #1, but I'm sure the auburn is just as awesome.
Jackie B.