Monday, August 20, 2007

Spa Day - Sunday

Well - we had a great time at the Beau Monde Spa yesterday!
The video in the previous post is a take-off on what it is like during school season in our neighborhood. Each child stands at the end of their driveway, waiting for the school bus to pick them up. Literally, the bus stops at each and every driveway! I think this is the craziest thing - we live in a cul-de-sac! I remember when there were designated bus stops - one every 2-3 blocks, where all the kids waited. The bus did not stop at every driveway! No wonder these kids spend an hour on the bus in the morning.

Anyway - my neighbors and I went to the spa together Sunday morning. Kristin Williams was the bus / van driver and she picked each of us up at our driveways! Jamie videotaped the event!

We had so much fun at the spa. I got a facial and a manicure, no pedicure as I just got a pedicure with purple nail polish! The facial was outstanding! Everyone - as they were waiting for their next treatment, slipped in an extra treatment. So, Doreen - who planned to only have a manicure, also ended up getting a massage! Kristin's extra was a haircut. Janelle's extra was a massage and Michelle's extra was a haircut!

Janelle - brought mimosa's so we sipped those throughout the morning. I bought raffle tickets to win some gift basket's but I think I did not win - bc I haven't gotten a call (I never win anything!)

Regardless - all the proceeds for the event go to Sensational In Survival - an organization that supports women going through breast cancer treatment who are having a hard time making ends meet. We had fun and supported a good cause.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Christy. Glad you had a "fun" day. You will be in my thoughts and prayers tomorrow. Go get em girl! Love, Dad