Friday, August 17, 2007

Spa Day - Sunday

We have an exciting event coming up on Sunday. Myself and my neighbors are going to have a spa treatment at Beau Monde Spa in Victor, NY. This is a special event.
The proceeds from the spa treatments are100% donated to an organization called

Sensational In Survival. They are a non profit organization created to provide financial assistance to those during the battle of breast cancer. Provide financial grants and quality of life enhancements to those in need as a result of their breast cancer treatment

I have often thought of how grateful I am for my good health insurance during this time. The costs to treat breast cancer are astronomical. Although, I only pay the co-pays for my meds - my anti-nausea med (a must have in my book) would cost $365 for 3 pills! I need these every 2 weeks! The shots that Jamie gives me to boost my white blood cells cost $3800 for 14 shots (one month supply). I have had cat-scans, MRIs, ultrasounds, surgery, not to mention the chemo treatments. I pay only co-pay's for all of this.

Imagine, if you can't afford health insurance or have the low coverage health insurance and you needed these things to save your life? I cannot even imagine that kind of stress.

I think organizations like Sensational In Survival are wonderful.

Myself and my neighbors will all be at Beau Monde at 10am Sunday! If you want to join us, please do. Or, just go over there for a spa treatment on Sunday to support a good cause!

Sensational In Survival

Simply Sensational Spa Day

No comments: