Saturday, August 11, 2007

Saturday - Day 4 after Treatment

OK - not so bad today.
Yesterday was a little rough - my body required that I lay down most of the day and rest. But, I was able to eat and drink liquids. So, all in all, not bad.

I talked with my nurse at Pluta yesterday. She said that if I made it through the first few days without puking, then I was pretty much in the clear! Woo hoo! I think I made it. But - I have back-up anti-nausea meds on reserve here just in case!

She also said that the meds I was on contain a drug called Decodrin. That is a steriod - and that is what made me feel so good the first couple of days after treatment. So, once I stopped taking the Decodrin (yesterday) then I would hit the "Decodrin Crash"! Being the "wall". So - that wall should last a day or so and then I should feel relatively normal until my next treatment. In addition - she thinks I may have felt worse yesterday because I had also had surgery on Tuesday, in addition to chemo. So my body required extra rest to recover.

I feel more energy today, but am taking it easy. Just in case.

What I really want to know - "why can't I just take Decodrin for the next 4 months!?" But - one can assume - taking steroids for prolonged periods of time cannot be good! So - I will just have to hit the wall 7 more times!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Christy,

You are such a source of strength for all women! I talked with a woman today who is undergoing chemo for ovarian cancer and she and I talked about the "wall" she said knowing she was going to be okay in the end made everything worth it! You are awesome!

Erin (Kristin's friend)