Saturday, August 25, 2007

The new do!

So - My sis called this morning - this post is for you, Jackie!
She's dying to see the bald head! But - it's not bald. Sherry, the wig lady (who suffers from hair loss) recommended we do a really short cut vs. a head shaving, because my scalp is sore from the hair loss and the stubble from the shaving will make it more sore.

So, my hair is about a half inch long. It's not the cleanest cut - why bother?.......but it's actually, not bad. This is about what my hair will look like a month after chemo treatments end.

Also - everyone wants to know if the cutting part was emotional. It wasn't for me. It seems to be for most people, but the process of the hair falling out had pushed me over the edge. I really just could not wait to get it off! Even Sherry was surprised. And let's look at it as a milestone in this process. It needed to happen, it happened and now I need to practice putting my wigs on!

Here's the pix.............
More pix on Kodak Gallery

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! You'd think that Kristin was there. Great photography! I am glad you are feeling better now that your hair has been cut. You look absolutely wonderful in your new do! Keep the faith :) Your smile is as contagious as ever, Alice

Anonymous said...

Wow Christy! Your wigs are GORGEOUS! I may need to borrow one to get my haircut like that! You are stunning! Alice is right...you just have the best smile! Take Care, Erin

Kristin said...

You look amazing!!! :) Love the smile...and the t-shirt! :)

Unknown said...

Christy,
My Mom and I think you are beautiful! You don't even need a wig! Best wishes to you. Hope you are enjoying the bracelt I made you.

Kelsie

Anonymous said...

Christy,

I absolutely love the wig(s) you picked out. You are beautiful whether you have hair or not. Remember it is what you have on the inside that makes you beautiful!

Sandy Lane