Tuesday, August 7, 2007

The day is done!


This will be a quick post as I am ready to crash right now!
This was an extra long day because of surgery in the morning with anesthesia and then to Pluta for my first round of treatments.

All in all, it went well. Surgery went off without a hitch. I have no real pain yet from the incisions, but that will probably show up tomorrow.

The chemo treatments were great! It was actually a very relaxing afternoon! Especially compared to the chaos of afternoons in our house with a 4 and 2 year old!
I felt no pain, felt no liquid flowing through my veins, I did not puke (yet).................
I sat in a recliner with my own TV - tried to find something decent to watch in the middle of the afternoon - not much luck, I ended up with MTV Real World Denver - but it beats soaps! I also rested my eyes, read a book and did some SuDoKu puzzles. Jamie watched a movie on my laptop. They provided us with drinks and snacks and good company.

So - now 1 down and 7 to go!

The hard part is probably yet to come - pray that the tons of anti-nausea meds work and I don't start puking (or even nauseousness)! I can stand losing my hair, but I can't stand puking!

Oh yah - I have a caffeine headache now because I never did get my coffee after the hospital - we were too short on time and stopped quick for lunch - with a diet coke (but nothing replaces a cup of coffee!)

2 comments:

Kristin Williams said...

You ROCK girl!!! You are just amazing!! There is nothing you can't do...have a good nights rest!

Anonymous said...

Christy: you are just amazing. Only you can tell a story like this make a person smile.
Stay strong. Rest.
Love, Jackie B.