Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Treatment Day #1

OKay- we are off!
Today we will have treatment #1.
I have to be at the hospital at 5:45am this morning for surgery at 7:30am. They will put in a meta port in my chest and do a sentinel node biopsy. This will take about 30 minutes for the procedure. I should be out of the hospital around 9am ish.

From there, we will head to Pluta for my first round of chemo treatments. That is scheduled for about noon. This will take around 4 hours.

In between - I plan to stop at the nearest Starbucks and get a large coffee as I am running on empty right now b4 surgery! I love coffee!

I feel amazingly calm today. I slept the whole night through! Shocking, I know, given I wake up in the middle of the night always - when even the tiniest things are on my mind! I guess I just feel confident that I can do this!

Let you know how it all goes!

Christy

UPDATE: As of 9:38, Christy is out of Surgery and resting. Port was placed as planned and two lymph nodes were removed for testing. She is doing fine.

We'll be in Recovery for about an hour more, then I've got to get some coffee in her. STAT !

2 comments:

Jamie, Christy, Celia & CJ Palmiere said...

Cool, the hospital has WI-FI

Jamie

Unknown said...

I know you can do it!!! Love Dad