Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Half Way Done!

As of right now - I have completed 50% of my chemo treatments! Halfway done!
My blood counts were stellar once again, and the cold did not affect my ability to receive treatment. The physicians assistant asked me "are you up for chemo with your cold?". I said, "of course, this cold isn't going to stop me, this is the 50% mark!"

I met with my oncologist today, Dr. Brian Urineck. He said the tumor is shrinking (he measured it) so that is great news (but I can now feel it is shrinking). And starting next round - I will move to a new drug called Taxol. I don't need any anti-nausea meds for Taxol. I made him promise me - that I would not puke without them, because what I have now works, and I don't want to mess with that! He said - he can never say never, but.....I could be the one person who pukes from Taxol. Unlikely. The side effects for Taxol are the numbness / tingling in the fingers and toes. And also muscle aches. If the side effects are too much, then they will switch the dosing from once every 2 weeks to once a week with a smaller dose for 9 weeks. I hope not to have to do that, because it extends my time line past Thanksgiving, but I will do what I have to do to get through - cross that bridge when I get there!

My friend, Kristin Cutright Sumner, came with me today. We had a great time! We watched "Devil Wears Prada" on Kristin's computer. Good movie!

That's all for now!

Halfway done! Woo hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am happy to hear that the tumor is shrinking and that you are 50% done with the chemo. I hope the next 50% goes well. I am very proud of you for staying so strong and hope that when i grow up I can be as strong as you.GOOD LUCK!!!(:

Kelsie

Anonymous said...

HEY!!! You forgot to mention how we celebrated your halfway point - WITH ABBOTT'S ON THE CANAL!!!!

You're doing GREAT!!!!! I'm so proud of you!!!

Anonymous said...

Kristin said you wouldn't watch her inspirational video though! :) WVU football!