Tuesday, September 4, 2007

3 done!




Yeah!
My blood counts were excellent and I got my third round of chemo today!
Only one more of this drug combo and one more to the halfway mark! That's huge!

My red cell counts dropped from the last time from 34 to 32. The red cells are the ones that when low - cause iron deficiency and fatigue. When they hit 30 - the doctor will put me on Procrit (a drug to raise red blood cell counts). Given I did not feel fatigued this time around with lower red blood cells - Procrit will probably give me huge energy! hee hee
My white cell counts and platelet counts were all high!

As long as my cold does not turn into a fever - I am good to go.

My Mom seemed to enjoy her experience and handled it well! Jamie showed up to hang out for a while too. So - all in all, it was a good day.

So psyched - 3 down!

Christy



4 comments:

Unknown said...

Yea Christy. almost half way there! You are doing great. Soooo proud of you. Love, Dad

Anonymous said...

You are doing awesome Christy! So strong...

Keep up the GREAT work!

Anonymous said...

Christy~ You are awesome! Kick your cancer's ass!!!!

Erin

Anonymous said...

Hey there Christi!

Our thoughts are with you, and hoping you a feeling well . . . be sure to laugh each day . . .at something . . . it does wonders!

~shannon