Tuesday, July 17, 2007

New updates

OK - so this isn't an exciting blog entry - but I thought I would post an update on my progress to date.

Today I am scheduled for my MRI at EWBC. This should be an in / out process. No new info will come to me today but should be within the next day or so. Really, this will be used for the surgeon to determine surgical and chemo path forward.

I spoke with my Primary Care Physiscian, Dr. Wallace Johnson, yesterday. He was wonderful and spent some time explaining the potential process. How the medical system works,and gave me a recommendation on a doctor team he uses at Strong. The recommendation was Dr. Kristin Skinner - she is the surgeon, and she coordinates with her team of oncologists, radiologists, plastic surgeons, to determine my treatment path forward.

I have an appointment with my OBGYN, Dr,. Ruckert tomorrow afternoon. At such time, he will also talk to me about options and his recommendations for doctor teams.

I feel good that I am talking with the doctors and am developing a path forward. We still have no idea what type of surgery I will have, whether I will require chemo before or after surgery, or whether I would be eligible for the hormone pill instead of chemo. As well, I will ask about the genetic testing for the mutated gene, as my Aunt Linda, my Dad's sister is also a breast cancer survivor.

So many questions, but good progress so far this week!

Thanks for all of your support!

No comments: