Sunday, July 22, 2007

Got any WEED ?

With all that we have going on right now, we hope to always remember this time as "the summer of the weed" I have friends who may disagree as to that particular "summer"(you know who you are)

Earlier this spring we began to see and interesting plant peak out from under the mulch. It didn't look like your average weed, so I decided to leave it and see what it would do next. What it did, was continue to grow. A bud would form on top and eventually shed a new layer of leaves, resembling tobacco. Eventually a yellow flower grew from the top. This began to peak the interest of our neighbors, drive by gawkers and NASA, could it be an alien life form sent to Earth. It did remind me of the plant in "Little Shop of Horrors", so I warned the kids in the neighborhood, not to get to close, It might bend over and eat you. "where is Dakota actually ?"

I had really grown to like my new weed, I saw it grow from a little seedling to a tall weed to be proud of. I would have liked to have seen the weed brave the seasons, and possibly come back even stronger next year, but it was time to say Goodbye. CJ and I, chopped it down this week. We still have have it on the side of the garage resting, sort of our mourning period until garbage day, Tuesday.

We'll let you know if it makes a comeback next year.

Jamie