Thursday, July 26, 2007

Good News tonight

I moved from one test to another today. For the most part, I did not expect to get any results from any of the tests today.

But, Dr. Destounis at EWBC, did my lymph node biopsy and pushed the sample through pathology. She called me this evening with the good news that the test came back negative for cancer in my lymph nodes! This is good news. The lymph nodes are the next place that the cancer would spread to, if it had spread outside my breast.

Now - there is still the chance of microscopic cancer cells in the lymph nodes that they just cannot detect - but chemo will kill those.

I have to just say - Dr. Destounis is absolutely wonderful! She is a radiologist at Elizabeth Wende Breast Clinic. When she came in to see me today, she gave me a big hug. We had such a fun conversation about Silpada jewelry and our extrovert personalities.

No comments: