Friday, March 7, 2008

Only 3 more radiation to go!

After this morning's treatment -
Only 3 more to go! Next Wednesday is my last radiation treatment!
It's amazing. This radiation time has gone by so fast! Having it a apart of your daily routine makes it fly by - it's like getting coffee every morning (only it's out of the way, and I have to take my shirt off!). But.....you get the point. And no side effects at all. No tiredness. No skin irritations. No nothing.

My time is so limited these days with my daily trips to Pluta, my training program for the 39 mile Avon walk, work and the family, it will be really nice to get something off my plate!

Also - this is the last BIG milestone to complete in my quest to kick my cancer's ass! First chemo (check, done), then surgery (check, done), last radiation (check, almost done)! It's technically over, when radiation is over!

The rest of the drugs are just long term maintenance (tamoxofin, herceptin) - making sure my breast cancer never returns. Herceptin lasts a year and tamoxofin lasts for 5 years.

So -on Wednesday - I will be done with my cancer treatments, not just done with radiation! I never really put it into that perspective - as I have always just focused on doing it and plowing through. Well - I guess I am almost through! Wah Hoo

Christy

No comments: