Saturday, January 5, 2008

Kodak Donations to Christy's Crew Avon Walk for Breast Cancer


Over the holiday's I received this gift from some of my Kodak friends. I worked with the organizer of this activity, Judy Bueg, during my last year of employment at Kodak. As with all the people I have worked with at Kodak, Judy is a wonderful friend! She has been keeping up on my blog and sending encouraging words during my entire treatment. Judy, tried to get Kodak to give a corporate donation to Christy's Crew, Avon Walk for Breast Cancer. She was unsuccessful in this endeavor (Kodak has very strict policies on philanthropic donations. I understand why - being a Fortune 500 company, they need to restrict and have rules on how they disperse cash otherwise everyone would ask them for donations.) This did not stop Judy! She contacted other Kodak friends of mine and generated this ground campaign to raise money for Christy's Crew Avon Walk for Breast Cancer. She presented me with the money from the campaign before Christmas. They raised around $500 for donation's to Avon Walk for Breast Cancer!
This was a wonderful gift. It is really special to me - as it came from so many of my friends at Kodak that I have met throughout my entire career. I was the link between all these people as most of them had never met each other during their careers. Judy made the connections and got them all together to help raise money!
Everyone who leaves Kodak, moving on to retirement or other careers, always says that they really miss the people at Kodak. They are kind, generous people and we have always carried a special bond as we all worked hard to try to keep the company afloat amidst the film to digital transformation. This kindness has come through loud and clear in all the Kodakers that have donated to our Avon Walk for Breast Cancer, as well as provided me so much support during my treatments. I have received cards, emails, donations, gifts, lunches, etc from so many of my Kodak friends! I have even received emails from strangers that have been diagnosed with breast cancer, hearing about my blog from a fellow Kodakers!
Thank you Judy and the rest of my Kodak Friends!
Christy

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I am not surprised. You are a very special young lady. Yes, Kodak was good to you also. Congratulations. I love you. Dad

Anonymous said...

What a nice surprise. We have some great friends at Kodak!

Ruth

Anonymous said...

Christy-
You made me cry, but thanks for the kind words...we love you!!

Judy B.