Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Avon Walk for Breast Cancer - DC 2008





It was such a fantastic weekend!
We walked 39.3 miles throughout Washington DC in 2 days! All to raise money for breast cancer research and support. It was such an incredible experience.

Christy's crew raised $45,000! The walk in DC raised $8.1 million and had around 4000 walkers.

More pix and stories to come -

Let's just say - I am so dedicated to finding a cure. I walked 18 miles on Saturday on terrible blisters on the balls of my feet despite a nurse urging me to stop walking. And another 13 miles on Sunday - in which I will now lose another toenail as a result.

But - I am proud. Very proud to have been so dedicated. And I am proud that I was able to do all of that so shortly after having fought the battle of my life. Just 1 and 1/2 month ago I finished radiation. Just 4 and 1/2 months ago I had a double mastectomy. And 5 months ago I finished 8 rounds of chemo!

I am very proud of my strength to be able to accomplish such an incredible challenge so soon after all of that!

My friend Ruth got me a pin from another walker that said "Blisters don't need chemo"! I had blisters - I had chemo! I walk because I can!

Thank you to all who supported me and donated to our cause! Together we will find a cure!

Here's the back of our Sunday T-shirt! People took pictures of our backs all day long!

No comments: